What Type Of System Is Best For Your Project?
This system requires you connect to the local utility company. “The Utility Grid”
You pull your power from the Utility Grid using this type of system.
During Daylight hours your making electricity with your solar array which is fed back into the electrical grid. At Night, your power comes from the local electrical grid.
The power you feed into the electrical grid from your solar system off-sets the amount of energy your are using from the grid system.
This system does not connect to the local utility company.
“No Connection To The Utility Grid”
This system does require you install a battery storage bank.
Batteries are an expense that you don’t entertain with a Grid-Tie system
The power you generate with your solar array is stored in your batteries. All electricity you consume comes from the sun.
Basic Battery Wiring Information
Grid-Tie or Off-Grid
(What type do your need)
HOW MANY PANELS DO I NEED ?
THE NUMBER OF PANELS DEPENDS ON
How Much Power Do You Need to Generate?
- 75%, 80%, 90%, 100% Of Your Total Energy Consumption
- Your Exposure To the Sun (Without Shading)
- How Much Electricity You Consume (Operating Your Structure Your Lifestyle)
HOW MUCH WILL MY SYSTEM COST?
NUMBER OF PANELS & COMPONENTS
This Depends On Your Needs
- 75%, 80%, 90%, 100% Recovery Of Your Total Energy Consumption
- Grid-Tie System (or) Off-Grid System (or) Hybrid – Grid/Off-Grid
- Battery Bank (Off Grid) or No Battery Bank (Grid-Tie)
What Determines Your Energy Consumption
- The Efficiency of Your Structure – Insulation, Windows, Doors
- Efficiency of Your Appliances
- Efficiency of Your Heating and Cooling System
- Efficiency of your Lighting Fixtures
- Your Habits – Do you Leave Lights On, Leave Electronics Running?
On A New Construction Project
- We need to figure out your energy demand because your haven’t been receiving accounting from your local utility company on a new structure.
- To do this we need to have an idea of what you are installing in your home. Heating system, Refrigerator, Microwave, Steam Unit, Elevator, Lighting, Dishwasher etc… Any special requirements, “Welding Unit”, “Car Charger”, any high demand electrical situation we can estimate your “Amp/Hour” requirements.
- Your Solar Exposure
- Determine any terrestrial obstructions, location of the Solar Array.
ARE THERE ANY REBATES OR TAX INCENTIVES – YES!
Taxpayers may claim a federal tax credit of 30% of the expense to have solar installed on the residence. If the federal tax credit exceeds tax liability, the excess amount may be carried forward to the succeeding taxable year. The credit for solar electric property is available for property placed in service through Dec. 31, 2021, based on an applicable percentage.